Most of the Sprint LG Optimus G LG-LS970 owners were waiting for the rooting guide so here it is finally for you. The credit goes to the developers of the XDA Developers forum. With this development you can unlock its bootloader, and you can install custom recovery.
But the main credit goes to the XDA Developers member TheShadow1, because he has developed a single tool that enables you to free your Smartphone. Using this tool, it will centralize all of the processes of installing the Optimus G drivers, rooting, unlocking bootloader and installing custom recovery in one place. But make sure you have Java installed on your system. Read on this Android Tutorial to know more on How To Bootloader Unlock And Root The Optimus G LS970.
Requirements Before You Root
- You will require a LG Sprint LG Optimus G LG-LS970.
- Now you need to backup all your device data.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off security systems on your device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Download and install drivers for your device on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Bootloader Unlock And Root The Optimus G LS970
- Download the files given at the end of this post and save it on your PC.
- Now using a USB cable connect your Optimus G to your PC. But keep in mind it must be in Charge Only mode.
- Now on your PC double-click on the GAIO tool to launch it.
- Go to your device and select Root LG Optimus G in order to root your device.
- Next, select Unlock Bootloader so that you can unlock your Optimus G’s bootloader.
- The very next step is to select Install Custom Recovery so that you can install the custom recovery of your choice.
- The final stage in this process is to boot into Fastboot. Just press Volume Down twice to access Recovery Mode and follow the instructions.
Download GAIO tool – http://gaio.dark-hosting.net/