Does your Smartphone don’t offer you what you are looking for in terms of performance? If you own a Verizon Galaxy Nexus and want to improve its performance then you can flash a custom ROM and have fun with all the latest features too. Choosing a right ROM for your device is a big thing when it comes to stability. So in this case you must go for AlienDroid ROM which is developed by XDA Developers member Hyperrunner.
The main goal of this custom ROM is stability, speed, and awesome features. It is basically based on sources for the CyanogenMod 10 nightly builds, with some essence of Android 4.2. If you are a music lover then you will love this ROM as it is full of such features. Follow this Android Tutorial to know more on How to Flash AlienDroid ROM for Galaxy Nexus I515.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will require a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 with an unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Now you need to backup all your device data.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off security systems on your device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Download and install drivers for your device on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash AlienDroid ROM for Galaxy Nexus I515
- The very first thing you need to do is download the ROM file from the link at the end of this post and transfer it to your Smartphone’s SD card.
- Next, just turn off your Smartphone.
- Its time to enter into the ClockworkMod Recovery and it can be done by pressing and holding down the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- If you don’t want to risk your current ROM then you can very well make a NANDroid backup by selecting Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- From the following steps given below wipe your data:
- Firstly, Select Wipe Data/ Factory Reset –> Confirm action.
- Secondly, Select Wipe Cache Partition –> Confirm action.
- Then, Select Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache –> Confirm action.
- Finally you need to select Install ZIP from SD Card –> Choose ZIP from SD Card –> Look for the required ROM file –> Confirm action.
- And once flashing is done then go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download AlienDroid ROM – http://alienroms.com/Storage/AlienDroidV1-toro.zip