If you are unaware of the AOKP then let me tell you it stands for The Android Open Kang Project. And you might also want to know that it is one of the most preferred and used custom ROMs. With this ROM you get various features along with the awesome performance.
And this custom ROM has given a new ray of hope for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus GT-P6200 and PT-P6210 in terms of latest OS and features. It is developed by XDA Developers member JeduRocks.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus GT-P6200 or GT-P6210 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash AOKP Jelly Bean Milestone 1 ROM for Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
- Transfer the ROM file to your Tablet’s SD card after downloading it on your PC.
- The next step is to turn off your Tablet and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery mode.
- You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up+Power buttons, after that loose the Power button and keep Volume Up button pressed for few seconds.
- It’s time to create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM by going to Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- Perform the wipe cache and data steps as:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset –> confirm action.
- And after that go to Mounts and Storage –> Format /System –> confirm action.
- You are almost done, now select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card –> Browse for the ROM file and select it to install it on your device.
- After it is installed install the GApps package from the above step alone in the similar manner.
- Finally go to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download AOKP JB Milestone 1 for P6200 – http://goo.im/devs/JeduRockzz/p6200/aokp_p6200_jb_milestone-1.zip
Download AOKP JB Milestone 1 for P6210 – http://goo.im/devs/JeduRockzz/p6210/aokp_p6210_jb_milestone-1.zip
Download GApps package – http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip