You must have gone through early posts on AOKP and if you are new to this then let me tell you it stands for Android Open Kang Project. And let me tell you, AOKP custom ROMs are loved by many Android lovers across the globe. It is also known for adding amazing and lively customization options to the UI and also enables users to alter these options as they like.
The best thing with these kinds of ROMs is that they are faster and smoother than any other custom ROM that is available for Androids.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash AOKP Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Nexus I9250
- Just download the AOKP Jelly Bean ROM and GApps Package ZIP files on to your PC from the links given at the end of this links and transfer it onto your Smartphone’s SD card.
- Next, turn off your Smartphone and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery and you can do that by pressing and holding Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- You may create a NANDroid Backup of your existing ROM in case if something unusual happens. Go to Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- Next, Select Wipe data/factory reset, then confirm data wipe->Select Wipe cache partition.
- Now Go back –> Main Menu –> Install ZIP from SD card –> Choose ZIP from SD card –> Browse for the AOKP ROM file –> Confirm the installation.
- Next, once the installation of this ROM is complete, now you need to flash the GApps package in the similar manner from the step 5.
- Finally Go Back –> Main Menu –> Reboot System Now.
- This is it folks you have successfully Flashed AOKP Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Nexus I9250.
Download AOKP Jelly Bean ROM build 1 – http://androtransfer.com/get.php?p=AOKP/maguro/aokp_maguro_jb-build-1.zip
Download GApps Package – http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip