If you own a Samsung Galaxy Note I717 then you can feel the best ever performance and fluidity with AOSPxXx JB ROM. This is quietly brilliant with a mashup of AOSP and CM10 sources. And not to mention it has got loads of features. One of the striking features of this ROM is DPI preferences. AOSPxXx JB ROM is released by XDA Developers member rquiett.
Some of the unique features are S-Pen gestures, S Note, ES File Manager. And you will be happy to know that there hasn’t been found any bugs yet so have fun.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need an AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data.
- 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the work.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash AOSPxXx JB ROM for Galaxy Note I717
- Download and transfer the ROM file onto your Smartphone’s SD card.
- Next you have to turn off your Android device.
- The next step is to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing and holding the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
- I strongly recommend that you make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. In order to do so just go to Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- Next, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset –> confirm action.
- Now you have to select Wipe Cache Partition –> confirm action.
- Just go to Advanced –> Wipe Dalvik Cache. And confirm the action.
- Now you are a few more steps away, just select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD Card –> Browse for the ROM zip file and install it over your Android device.
- Now from the above 2 steps alone you need to install the GApps package in the similar manner.
- And once the installing is done you need to go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download AOSPxXx JB Build 20121117 ROM package – http://bit.ly/QQRvWA
Download Google Apps package – http://bit.ly/TP8Zzt