Holiday season is around and you would love to have Jelly Bean update for your Smartphone by the end of this year. So if you own a Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100 then there is good news for you to install the custom ROM that gives you features of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. And it is made all possible thanks to the XDA Developers member Neme77 with his Armageddon ROM.
This ROM is based on leaked Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLSJ firmware and it basically runs the Kernel Philz v3.65 stock kernel.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100 with root access and ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash Armageddon ROM for Galaxy S II I9100
- Download the required files from the links and transfer them to your Smartphone’s SD card.
- The next step is to switch off your Smartphone.
- Now you need to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up+Power+Home button.
- If you wish you can always create a NANDroid Backup by going to Backup and Restore -> Backup.
- Now you need to do a full wipe from the following steps:
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset –> Confirm action.
- Choose Wipe Cache Partition –> Confirm action.
- Choose Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache –> Confirm action.
- Choose Install ZIP from SD card then Choose ZIP from SD card –> Browse the ROM file and install it on your Android device.
- Now return back to the main menu and choose Reboot System Now to reboot your Smartphone.
- In similar way restart your Smartphone to ClockworkMod Recovery and from step 9 alone install the Switch InkColor.zip file.
- Finally return back to the main menu and choose Reboot System Now.
Download OlloS II Armageddon ROM – http://d-h.st/D8u
Download Ink Effect Settings – http://d-h.st/mUB