If you could remember when Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 was released for the first time it had Android 2.1 Eclair on it and later it got the upgrade for Android 2.3 Gingerbread. And since then there were no official upgrades were there. Are you crazy for Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and want it badly on your very old Galaxy S GT-I9000? Well it is all possible due to custom ROM so called C-ROM Mix developed by XDA Developers member aways. It provides decent battery life and speed. So follow this Android Tutorial on How To Flash C-ROM Mix for the Galaxy S I9000 to Enjoy Jelly Bean to know more.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash C-ROM Mix for the Galaxy S I9000
- Download the file from the link which is given at the end of the post and transfer it to your Smartphone’s internal SD card.
- Now, switch off your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000.
- Next, you need to boot your Smartphone to ClockworkMod Recovery and that is possible by pressing and holding Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
- You can always be on safer side by creating a NANDroid backup of your current ROM just in case if you end up blank.
- You can do that by going to Backup and Restore –>Backup.
- Next, you need to perform a full wipe by going to main menu.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset.
- Select Wipe cache partition.
- All you got to do is now return to the Main Menu –>Install ZIP from SD card->Choose ZIP from SD card –>Browse for the required ROM file.
- When located select it and install it. Finally go to Main Menu –>Reboot system now.
Download C-ROM Mix v5.0 – http://c-rom.biz/files/C-RoM%20Mix%20v5.zip