You don’t get many ways to customize your device if it is not unlocked. But it is a thing of the past in this latest Technology era. If you own a Droid RAZR HD then you may know that the Droid RAZR HD XT926 Developer Edition, has an unlockable bootloader. With this it is possible for you to customize your device like installing custom ROMs etc.
But, before learning of customization you must first flash a custom recovery. XDA Developers member GoClifGo05 has shared a step-by-step guide on this. So follow the steps to know more.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will require a Motorola Droid RAZR HD XT926 Developer Edition with an unlocked bootloader and root access.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off security systems on your device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Download and install drivers for your device on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash ClockworkMod Recovery for Droid RAZR HD XT926 Developer Edition
- Once ES File Explorer App is installed set up root-level access as Go to Settings > Root Settings. Enable the “Root Explorer”.
- Once done then select Allow/Grant to grant root access to the App.
- Enable the “Up to Root” and “Mount File System” options.
- After that on your device you need to move to /system/etc and rename the RECOVERY.SH to any random name.
- On your PC you need to extract Fastboot.zip. then move the custom recovery file to the Fastboot folder.
- Its time to switch off your device.
- Now you need to boot your device into the Boot Mode Selection Menu.
- For that press and hold Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- Using a USB data cable connect your phone to your PC.
- After that open a command prompt and locate the Fastboot folder.
- Enter the command fastboot devices. By this way your PC will recognize your device.
- Finally enter the following commands to flash the ClockworkMod Recovery image to your device:
- fastboot flash recovery cw-recovery-vanquish.img
- you can also reboot back to bootloader by entering the command:
- fastboot reboot-bootloader
- once everything is done then on the Boot Mode Selection Menu->Select Recovery to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
Install ES File Explorer on your device- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop
Download the following files to your PC:
Fastboot package – http://www.mediafire.com/?709z6ajsrx459ew
ClockworkMod Recovery image – http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/vanquish/dev_edition/cw-recovery-vanquish.img