Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 was the first of Samsung’s Tablets that was introduced. And it runs on Android 2.2 Froyo and which got an update of Gingerbread later. And as we all know very well that you can upgrade your device to faster OS via custom ROMs too. And in order to proceed with custom ROMs you need to go with recovery installed in your device. And one such method is ClockworkMod Recovery. So folks just follow this Android Guide on How To Flash ClockworkMod Recovery for Galaxy Tab P1000.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need your Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 running on stock Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash ClockworkMod Recovery for Galaxy Tab P1000
- You need to download all the files from the links given at the end of this post and extract the contents of Heimdall Suite on your PC.
- Turn off your device.
- Next, you need to reboot your device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Power+Volume Down buttons. And after that connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- Now, go to the Heimdall Suite folder and double click the zadig.exe file. By this you can install the USB drivers needed for Heimdall.
- Now after installing Select Options –> List All Devices.
- You will see a drop-down list, select Samsung USB Composite Device or Gadget Serial –> Install Driver.
- And once the drivers are installed, unplug your device from PC.
- Switch off your device.
- And once again reboot your device into Download Mode as in the earlier steps.
- Next, you need to untar Technomancer’s Kernel that is downloaded on your PC. You can find a file named zImage file, copy it into the Heimdall Suite folder.
- Open the command prompt on your PC and locate the directory to heimdall.exe.
- Enter the following command in cmd:
heimdall flash –kernel zImage
- This command is necessary for Heimdall to flash the kernel to your device. And this is it folks once it is flashed you are done.
Download Technomancer’s Kernel with ClockworkMod Recovery 5 - http://cmw.22aaf3.com/p1/p1/recovery/cwm-5-p1.tar
Download Heimdall Suite 1.3.2 - http://cloud.github.com/downloads/Benjamin-Dobell/Heimdall/heimdall-suite-1.3.2-win32.zip
Download Install Microsoft C++ Redistributable - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555