When I look at LG Nexus 4 E960 it seems a little different than all the other Android devices because of its vivid features. But if you are looking to add some more features to it then you can do that by custom ROMs and stop waiting for the official update. From my experience you must give a try to codefireX ROM developed by a XDA Developers member synergye for your Nexus 4.
Not to mention this ROM is based on AOSP and has got more features than ever but you have to bear few bugs as it is still in developmental stage.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need a LG Nexus 4 E960 with unlocked bootloader and custom Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash codefireX ROM for Nexus 4 E960
- Transfer the files after downloading from the links to your device’s SD Card.
- Next step is to turn off your Nexus 4 Android device.
- After switching off you need to boot into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- If you are having a weird feeling what if this thing doesn’t work then you can create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM by selecting Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- And once backup is done you need to wipe your data from the following 3 steps:
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset –> Confirm action.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition –> Confirm action.
- Select Advanced –> Wipe Dalvik Cache –> Confirm action.
- Once wiping is done then Select Install ZIP from SD Card –> Choose ZIP form SD Card –> Locate the ROM file to be installed, select it and install it on your device –> Confirm action.
- From the above step alone in the similar manner flash gapps zip package file.
- Finally go the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download CodefireX ROM – http://downloads.codefi.re/synergy/codefireX-Mako/cfx_mako-4.2-BR5.zip
Download GApps Package – http://goo.im/devs/KonstantinKeller/mako/gapps/gapps-4.2-JOP40C-121116.zip