There are various ways to customize ROM on your Android device. But look on the darker side, what if you might brick your device? Is there any way to guarantee that your device won’t brick? Well, there is one and for your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 once you are done with the flashing a ROM.
The key is to make sure that your device is running on a safe kernel. You can be on safer side for your Galaxy Note and can make sure for being on a safe kernel before flashing the ROM so called Cookies & Cream ROM.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need a Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash Cookies & Cream ROM for Galaxy Note N7000
- Download the required packages from the links at the end and transfer them onto your device’s SD card.
- Then, turn off your device.
- Next, you need to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing and holding down the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
- If you want to a backup of your current ROM then you can very well create a NANDroid backup by going to Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- Next, Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset –> confirm action.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition –> confirm action.
- Select Advanced –> Wipe Dalvik Cache –> confirm action.
- Now you need to go to Mounts and Storage –> Format System –> confirm action.
- You are only a few steps away. Now Select Install ZIP from SD card –> Choose ZIP from SD card –> Browse and select ROM file –> confirm action.
- In the similar manner from the above step alone install the Notification Spacing Patch and Google Apps package.
- Finally Go Back to the Main Menu –> Reboot System Now.
Download Cookies & Cream ROM – http://www.mediafire.com/?7lg3fi0clu2r4s6
Download Notification Spacing Patch package – http://www.mediafire.com/?orn4pj0pj692fu3
Download Google Apps package – http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip