Many Android users and developers doesn’t know the importance of the Custom Recovery which is a very vital tool. This Custom Recovery tool can help you perform flash custom ROM, backup for your ROM, mobile data clearing and even can protect your device when it may be blocked. Just follow this Android Tutorial on How To Flash Custom Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S III SCH-I535 and learn many new things all the way.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You device must be rooted in order to follow this guide.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- Android SDK kit and Android ADB kit installed on your PC.
- At least 50% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash Custom Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S III SCH-I535
- Download the necessary files from the links given at the end of this post on your PC.
- Using a USB cable connect your Smartphone to the PC to perform the flash custom recovery.
- Begin command prompt on your PC and look up for the directory where you have already downloaded and saved the recovery image file on your PC.
- If you want to cross verify if your Smartphone has successfully connected to the PC, then you can enter the command given below in the command prompt. And if it is connected then your device serial number will come on your PC screen in the command prompt itself. The command is:
- In order to flash the recovery image, enter the following commands in the command prompt:
- Commands for ClockworkMod Recovery:
adb push recovery.img /sdcard/
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
- Commands for TWRP Recovery:
adb push twrp8.img /sdcard/
dd if=/sdcard/twrp8.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
- Once flashing the recovery image is over, you need to enter the following command to restart your device into Recovery Mode:
- Finally after the restart Samsung logo appears and you are done with the operation.
Download ClockworkMod Recovery – http://goo.im/devs/invisiblek/i535/recovery.img
Download TWRP Recovery – http://goo.im/devs/birdman/twrp8.img