If you own an Asus Transformer Pad TF300T then there is awesome news for you. The official CyanogenMod 10 nightlies are now available for it which gives the latest taste of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on it. This will not only smoothen out your UI but will enhance the performance faster than before and making it a super Android device. It has few bugs as it’s only a custom ROM but worth the new taste of JB with its amazing features.
Requirements Before You Flash
- Your Asus Transformer Pad TF300T must be with unlock bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash CyanogenMod 10 for Transformer Pad TF300T
- Download the necessary files onto your PC from the links given at the end of this post and transfer them to your device’s internal SD card.
- Now, turn off your device and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- You need to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing and holding Volume Down +Power buttons until you see a message and then press Volume Up to enter ClockworkMod Recovery by selecting using power button.
- Make sure you create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM just in case if something goes wrong during the operation so that you can revert back to your good old ROM.
- You can backup by going to Backup and Restore->Backup.
- Now go back to the main menu and Select Install ZIP from SD card –> Choose ZIP from SD card –> Locate CyanogenMod 10 ROM file and start the installation process of the new ROM.
- In the similar manner from the above step install the GApps package.
- Next, Go to Main Menu –> Wipe data/factory reset –> Confirm wipe.
- And now Choose Wipe cache partition –> confirm action to perform.
- Finally go back to the Main Menu –> Reboot System Now.
Download CyanogenMod 10 nightly for TF300T – http://download.cyanogenmod.com/get/jenkins/7143/cm-10-20120829-NIGHTLY-tf300t.zip
Download Google Apps Package – http://d-h.st/rDK