Tired of those CyanogenMods ROMs which are faulty in nature and leave you with bitter experience of your latest OS? then cheer up because official CM10 nightly ROMs have arrived. This latest update will thrill you with the newest features like –all new Notification Menu, Google Now, Offline Voice Recognition, and much more. If you want to experience all these live then follow this Android Tutorial on How To Flash CyanogenMod 10 Nightly ROM on Galaxy Nexus, GSM or CDMA/LTE Variants.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You need to have Samsung Galaxy Nexus with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed and it must be GSM or CDMA/LTE variants.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations. Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash CyanogenMod 10 Nightly ROM on Galaxy Nexus, GSM or CDMA/LTE Variants
- Download the necessary package files respective of your device onto your PC and transfer it to your device’s SD card.
- Turn off your device and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery mode and you can do that by long pressing and holding Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- If you worry what if this stuff doesn’t work and you still fear of loosing your good old ROM then you must create a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM for restoring purposes.
- You can do this by selecting –> Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- And after that just Choose Wipe data/factory reset –> Yes Wipe data.
- Next you need to Select Install ZIP from SD card (HDD) ->select Choose ZIP from SD card (HDD).
- Next, look for the CyanogenMod 10 nightly ROM package file and select it. And now the ROM installation process starts.
- And once the above process is done install the Gapps package in the same manner from step 6.
- And once both the process are done Go Back->Main Menu-> Reboot System Now.
Download CyanogenMod 10 nightly ROM for
Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 (maguro) (international variant)- http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=maguro&type=nightly
Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 (toro) (Verizon variant)- http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=toro&type=nightly
Samsung Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 (toroplus) (Sprint variant)- http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=toroplus&type=nightly
Download Jelly Bean GApps package - http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip