Usually Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 comes with Gingerbread onboard. But it is a thing of the past now after the blasting launch of ICS and if you are looking to upgrade your Galaxy Note to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS). You must be thinking what’s there in this upgrade when it is available officially but in this upgrade you will get some awesome new features, so turn to AOSP-based custom ROMs. And CyanogenMod 9, which is based on AOSP sources for ICS, is one such custom ROM.
Requirements Before You Flash
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 must be ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash CyanogenMod 9 on Galaxy Note GT-N7000
- Download the necessary files from the links given at the end of this post and transfer the CyanogenMod 9 and the GApps file to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Now you need to install Heimdall Suite on your PC and before that double check whether Microsoft Visual C++ is already installed.
- After installing Heimdall Suite locate the location and open the installation folder.
- Now, unzip hardcore-speedmod-ics-recovery-n7000.tar file. You will get a file and transfer it into the Heimdall installation folder.
- Switch off your Galaxy Note and press and hold Home + Volume Down buttons to boot into Download mode, using a USB data cable connect it to your PC.
- All you need to do is just go to the drivers folder inside the Heimdall Suite installation folder and launch zadig.exe file.
- A dialog box appears; click Options –> List All Devices –> Choose Samsung USB Composite Device –> Click Install Driver button.
- Start command prompt (cmd) on your PC and locate directory to the Heimdall Suite installation folder.
- Next, Enter the following command in cmd:
heimdall flash –kernel zImage
- Using this command kernel will be flashed and your device will automatically reboots.
- Switch off your device and boot it into Recovery Mode, you can do that by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons.
- A menu appears, select Backup and restore –> Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM –> Select Wipe data/factory reset –> Select Wipe cache partition
- Select Install ZIP from sdcard –> Choose ZIP from sdcard –> Select the CyanogenMod ZIP file. And installation of ROM starts.
- And once this is done install the GApps package in the similar manner from the above step alone.
- Go back to the Main Recovery Menu->Select Reboot system now.
Download latest build of CyanogenMod 9 for Galaxy Note – http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=n7000
Download GApps package – http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip