Are you bored of the same colored interface for your Android device? Want to have a totally different UI that will give your device an awesome and great look with loads of features? Then try making your UI into a black-themed one through ParanoidAndroid ROM which is so called Dark ParanoidAndroid. It has a hybrid feature which combines the Tablet and Smartphone’s UI. Once you have flashed this ROM, you can see that your Nexus UI will convert to black.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need Asus Nexus 7 with ClockworkMod Recovery and running a custom kernel on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash Dark ParanoidAndroid for Asus Nexus 7
- Download both the packages from the links at the end and transfer them onto your Tablet’s internal SD card.
- The very next step is to switch off your Tablet.
- Using a USB cable connect your device to the PC and reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery by holding down Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- Now a logo will appear, you have to use Volume Down button and select Recovery mode and then choose it by pressing Power button.
- Once the red triangle appeared you need to hold down Power button and press Volume Up button in order to enter into Recovery Mode.
- If you wish you can create a NANDroid backup of you current ROM by going to Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- Next, select Wipe data/factory reset –> confirm action.
- Now, Select Wipe cache partition –> confirm action.
- You need to go back to the Main Menu –> Advanced –> Select Wipe Dalvik cache –> confirm action.
- After that Select Install ZIP from SD card –> Select Choose ZIP from SD card –> Browse for the ROM ZIP file and select it for installation.
- From the above step alone in a similar way, flash the GApps package also.
- Finally go back to the Main Menu –> Reboot system now.
Download Dark Paranoidandroid ROM – http://goo.im/devs/daXmax/DarkParanoidAndroid/grouper/darkpa_grouper-2.52-27OCT2012-191400.zip
Download inverted GApps – http://loota.org/~daxxmax/invertedgapps/gappsinverted-jb-20121023-signed.zip