Just after the release of Jelly Bean OS, the Android developers were working on to give the JB custom ROMs to the users as soon as possible and as a result loads of custom ROMs developed almost for all the Android devices. And the users who are addicted to flash and try different ROMs on their device then here is a new custom ROM so called DarkyROM III, developed by XDA Developers member anukilimanoor for your Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300.
It is based on Android 4.1.2 XXELL4 and runs on Siyah Kernel 1.8.4. The intention of this ROM is to give your device a improved performance and much more.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need a rooted Samsung Galaxy S III model number GT-I9300 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To How To Flash DarkyROM III for Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
- Initial step in this flashing is to download and transfer the ROM ZIP file to your Smartphone’s internal SD card.
- Next you need to switch off your Smartphone and boot into Recovery Mode.
- And it is possible by holding the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
- If you fear about your current ROM then you can make a NANDroid Backup of your current ROM by selecting Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- And its time to wipe your data and you can do that by Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset –> Confirm action.
- The ROM installation step comes this way, Select Install ZIP from SD Card –> Choose ZIP from SD Card –> Browse for the ROM file and install it-> Confirm action.
- In this particular ROM you get 3 installation options such as Full Installation, Typical Installation and Custom Installation. Choose either of them according to your need.
- And once the installation is done you need to return back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download DarkyROM III ROM – http://sourceforge.net/projects/hdtechvideo/files/I9300/ROMs/DarkyROM_III_v8.2.zip/download