After the introduction of Galaxy S III and various other latest Android devices, people see no hopes for the Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100 in case of any updates and more new features, but it is not true as it has still many things left for it via custom ROMs and Kernels to give it a new birth. A brand new such custom kernel for the Galaxy S II′s is Dorimanx Kernel. It is basically based on the famous Siyah Kernel with many tweaks.
This Kernel has loads of features to offer with better performance. Follow this Android Tutorial on How To Flash Dorimanx Kernel for Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 to know more.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need a rooted Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash Dorimanx Kernel for Samsung Galaxy S II I9100
- The initial thing you need to perform is to just download the ROM package to your Smartphone’s internal SD card from the download link given at the end of this post.
- Next, just switch off your Smartphone.
- And after that you need to boot your Smartphone into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding down the Power+Home+Volume Up buttons.
- You can create a NANDroid Backup of your current ROM just in case if something goes wrong by going to Select Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- In the previous posts you must have seen steps to wipe your cache and data but in case of Kernel there is no such need.
- Now go to the Recovery menu and select Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Choose the ZIP from SD Card –> Locate the Dorimanx Kernel file to be installed on your device and confirm the action.
- And once the installation is done you have to finally go to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download Dorimanx Kernel – http://www.dorimanx.com/Android-ICS/kernels-jb/Kernel_Dorimanx-V7.34-ICS-JB-02-41–25-12-12-SG2-PWR-CORE.zip