If there is one device that took the world by a storm then it is one and only Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300. It has got all the features that a user wants with the latest Android OS. But you know what? You can still make your device more powerful and perform better. It is all possible via custom ROM so called as Dragon’s Jelly Bean ROM, developed by XDA Developers member Dragon7780.
This ROM is based on Android 4.1.1 build XXDLJ1 and has been deodexed, zipaligned, BusyBoxed. Read on this Android Tutorial to know more about it.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need a rooted Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash Dragon’s Jelly Bean ROM for Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
- Download the ROM file and copy it to your Smartphone’s internal SD card.
- Now, switch off your Smartphone and boot into Recovery Mode.
- And you can very well do that by pressing and holding down the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
- In order to make a backup of your current ROM you can make a NANDroid Backup. For that go to Select Backup and Restore -> Backup.
- From the following 3 steps you need to perform a full wipe:
- You have to Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset –> Confirm action.
- Next, Select Wipe Cache Partition –> Confirm action.
- Select Advanced –> Wipe Dalvik Cache –> Confirm action.
- The next step leads to the installation of the ROM, Select Install ZIP from SD Card –> Choose ZIP from SD Card –>Locate the ROM file and select it to install it.
- Finally, when once the installation is done, head back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download Dragon’s Jelly Bean ROM – http://www.xdafileserver.nl/Files/Samsung/Galaxy%20S%20III/CUSTOM%20ROMS/DragonICS%20Rebirth/Dragons_JellyBean_V4.0.zip