Why people choose custom ROMs and why not they wait for the official update? Well, the answer lies in the fact that modern users are hungry for Speed, stability, and features that dazzle them. And guess what you can find all these features on Glazed JellyBean 2.1 ROM for the Google Nexus 7. It is created by XDA Developers member Hyperrunner.
The secret of being super fast of this ROM is by removing unwanted files and adding various scripts. And this makes its UI also a super smooth one. Basically this ROM is based on CyanogenMod 10 with loads of latest features and much more.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need an Asus Nexus 7 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash Glazed JellyBean ROM for Nexus 7
- Download the ROM package from the link given at the end of this post and transfer it to your Tablet’s internal SD card.
- Next, just switch off your Tablet and reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery by holding and pressing Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- You will see a bot lying and once you see it just use Volume Down button and highlight Recovery mode and choose it by pressing Power button.
- After few moments you will be able to see an Android icon, you need to hold Power+Volume Up in order to enter into Recovery Mode.
- If you want to backup your current ROM then you can create a NANDroid backup by going to Backup and Restore –>Backup.
- Next just select Wipe data/factory reset –>Yes.
- And then select Wipe cache partition –>Yes .
- Now, go back to the Main Menu –>Advanced –>Wipe Dalvik cache –>Yes.
- Now comes the main steps, just select Install ZIP from SD card
- And then select Choose ZIP from SD card –>Browse for the ROM file and confirm the installation of this ROM on your device.
- Finally go back to the Main Menu –>Reboot system now.
Download Glazed JellyBean 2.1 ROM – http://alienroms.com/Storage/GlazedJellybean2.1-grouper.zip
Alternate Link – http://d-h.st/kwv