If the kernel is set all right then your ROM also works fine on it. But the kind of ROMs which are pre built misses the kernels with the alterations that you require. Some of the needs of the Android users are to flash kernels which improve performance, speed, battery life and much more. It is developed by XDA Developers member jackpham.
So let us give you such ROM kernel for your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 which is stable and fast. If you are worried what if your device runs on JB then let me tell you that this kernel is compatible with all JB releases. Follow this Android Tutorial on How To Flash Leankernel for Galaxy Nexus I9250 to know more about it.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need a Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash Leankernel for Galaxy Nexus I9250
- Download both the files on your PC from the download links given at the end of this post and transfer it to your Smartphone’s SD card.
- All you have to do now is to switch off your Smartphone.
- Just boot into Fastboot Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- Now you need to use the Volume button and move to the highlighted Recovery Mode and select it using Power button.
- Before proceeding to the next step make sure you do a NANDroid Backup.
- You can do that by selecting Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- Next you need to select Install ZIP from SD Card –> Choose ZIP from SD Card –> Browse for the ROM ZIP file –> confirm action.
- Finally once the installation is done you need to go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download Leankernel 4.1.x – http://imoseyon.host4droid.com/imoseyon_leanKernel_v4.7gnexus.zip
Download Leankernel 4.2.1 – http://imoseyon.host4droid.com/gnex/mr1/lk_gnex_jb42_v5.8.zip