Almost all the devices got their JB update by now and if you are still waiting for an update for your LG Nexus 4 E960, then its time for you to go for a perfect custom ROM that has all the latest features of JB. This ROM is so called Maddoggin ROM, which is self named for XDA Developers member maddoggin.
This ROM is basically based on Android 4.2.1 and uses a stock AOSP kernel. Some of the features you get with this ROM are Extended power menu, CM power widgets, quick settings, volume wake and many more. Follow this Android Tutorial on How To Flash Maddoggin ROM for Nexus 4 E960 to know more.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will require a Samsung Nexus 4 E960.
- Now you need to backup all your device data.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off security systems on your device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Download and install drivers for your device on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash Maddoggin ROM for Nexus 4 E960
- The very first thing is to download the packaged ROM file and transfer the Maddoggin ROM file to your Smartphone’s SD card.
- Next, turn your Smartphone off.
- You need to boot your device into ClockworkMod Recovery and this can be done by pressing and holding down the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- If you feel that you may want to restore your good old ROM back after this flash then you can make a NANDroid Backup.
- And you can do that by selecting Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- Its time to swipe your data and for that just select Wipe Data/ Factory Reset –> Confirm action.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition –> Confirm action.
- Select Advanced –> Wipe Dalvik Cache –> Confirm action.
- Finally you need to select Install ZIP from SD Card –> Choose ZIP from SD Card –> Browse for the ROM file –> Confirm action.
- And once done go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download Maddoggin ROM – http://www.shabbypenguin.com/Users/Maddoggin/Mako%20%28Nexus4%29/Maddoggin_mako_ota_01-09.zip