Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 seems to be pretty old now by a year almost. But it is still one of the popular devices in the market as they say old is gold. If you aren’t getting any official updates for your ROM then we have something for you to cheer about. This is all made possible all thanks to XDA Developers member hoppermi and MIUI.us.
Now you will be able to enjoy MIUI 4.1 with lot of new features on your Galaxy Nexus. Read on this Android Tutorial to know more about it.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need a rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data.
- 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the work.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash MIUI ROM for galaxy Nexus I9250
- The very first step is to download and transfer the MIUI ROM and Google Apps ZIP files from the download link to your Smartphone’s internal SD card.
- Next you need to switch your Android device off.
- You need to reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Volume Up+Power buttons.
- In order to keep your current ROM intact and safe for the future reference you can create a NANDroid Backup of your ROM by going to Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- Now you need to wipe the data by going to the menu and Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset –> confirm the action by selecting Yes.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition –> confirm the action by selecting Yes .
- Select Advanced –> Wipe Dalvik Cache –> confirm the action by selecting Yes.
- Select Install ZIP from SD Card –> Choose ZIP From SD Card –> Browse for the needed ROM file and –> confirm the action by selecting Yes.
- Repeat the above step alone in order to flash GApps package in a similar manner.
- Finally go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download MIUI v4.1 2.11.9 ROM – http://roms.miui.us/maguro/MIUI.us_maguro_v4.1_2.11.9_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_buildbot.zip
Download Google apps package – http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip