If any device becomes popular in the Android market then you can find lots of developers developing various custom ROMs in order to provide more features on it. And one such popular device is LG Nexus 4 E960 and various custom ROMs and kernels have been developed for it. And one such ROM is developed by XDA Developers member _motley, the Motley Kernel.
With this Motley Kernel you get various performance tweaks which will help you to optimize battery usage. With this Kernel you get feature like Google 3.4 base, which allows support for various stock features. And the list of features on this ROM goes this way-compiler optimizations, I/O schedulers, voltage control, governors, built in CIFS, NFS, and various other tweaks.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need an LG Nexus 4 E960 with unlocked bootloader and custom Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash Motley Kernel for Nexus 4 E960
- In order to install Motley Kernel you need to first download the necessary file from the given link at the end of this post and transfer it to the Smartphone’s SD card.
- Next, turn off device.
- Now you need to boot into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- If you are worried about your current ROM then you can very well create a NANDroid backup.
- And this can be done by going to Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- Next you need to select Install ZIP from SD Card –> Choose ZIP from SD Card
- Locate the ROM zip file and select it to install it on your Android device.
- Finally go to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download Motley Kernel – http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1587750&d=1356324867