If you are thinking to buy a Tablet this season then I suppose you must go for Samsung Nexus 10 GT-P8110 this holiday season. And if you are looking to install a custom ROM then this is the exact place where you can do it. The reason behind is that your device will perform better and faster with lots of features to offer. The CyanogenMod 10 nightly ROM is the one which is best suited for your device as a custom ROM.
All thanks to the XDA Developer members shimp208. You can follow this Android Tutorial on How To Flash Nightly CyanogenMod 10 ROM for Nexus 10 P8110 to know more.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need Samsung Nexus 10 GT-P8110 with unlocked bootloader, root access, and ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash Nightly CyanogenMod 10 ROM for Nexus 10 P8110
- Download the required ROM and transfer it to your Tablet’s SD card.
- You need to turn off your Nexus 10 and boot into Recovery Mode.
- You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- You can make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM by choosing Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- You have to wipe your data and cache by following the 3 steps:
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset –> Confirm action.
- Choose Wipe Cache Partition –> Confirm action.
- Choose Advanced –> Wipe Dalvik Cache –> Confirm action.
- And now its time to choose Install ZIP from SD Card –> Choose ZIP from SD Card –> look for the CM10 nightly ROM package file and –> Confirm action.
- In a similar manner you have to install GApps package.
- Finally go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download Official CyanogenMod 10 Nightly – http://get.cm/get/jenkins/15972/cm-10.1-20121223-NIGHTLY-manta.zip
Download GApps package – http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip