Android has taken world by surprise and every other brand is making new release every month. But what about the older releases? Well one of them is Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250. If you own this Smartphone then you are lucky enough that custom ROMs are developed for this and one such ROM is Overdrive ROM.
It is basically based on Android 4.2.1 build JOP40D and it is developed by XDA Developers member itasoulas. Read this Android Tutorial to know more.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need a Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash Overdrive ROM for Galaxy Nexus I9250
- The very first step in this process is to download the necessary ROM file from the given link at the end of this post and copy it into your device’s SD card.
- Next just turn off your device and boot into Recovery Mode.
- In order to do so you have to press and hold down the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- To be on safer side you can create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM. All you need to do is select Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- From the following three steps you need to wipe your data:
- Step 1, you need to Select Advanced –> Wipe Dalvik Cache –> Confirm action.
- Step 2, you need to Select Wipe Cache Partition –> Confirm action.
- Step 3, you need to Select Advanced –> Wipe Battery Stats –> Confirm action.
- And after that just Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset –> Confirm action.
- Go to Mounts and Storage –> Format /System –> Confirm action.
- The final step in installation of ROM is to Select Install ZIP from SD card –> Choose ZIP from SD card –> look out for the ROM and select it to install it.
- Finally return back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download Overdrive ROM – http://d-h.st/Jxv