Have you ever wished if you could only have Tablet based interface right on you’re Smartphone? Well the wish is going to come true if you own a HTC Desire Z because a new custom ROM which is so called ParanoidAndroid is unleashed into this Android world. It is generally based on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Just follow this Android Guide all the way to learn more new things on How To Flash ParanoidAndroid Custom ROM on HTC Desire Z.
Requirements Before You Flash
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash ParanoidAndroid Custom ROM on HTC Desire Z
- Download both the necessary files given at the end of this post onto your PC and transfer the ZIP files to your Smartphone’s SD card.
- Turn off your Smartphone and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery mode and you can do that by pressing and holding Volume Down +Power buttons.
- You can very well use the Volume Keys to navigate to Recovery option and choose it using the Power button.
- You may create a NANDroid Backup of your existing ROM in case if something unusual happens.
- Next, Select Wipe data/factory reset, then confirm data wipe->Select Wipe cache partition.
- Now, you need to go back to the Main Menu –> Advanced –> Select Wipe Dalvik cache.
- Select Install ZIP from SD card –> Select Choose ZIP from SD card and locate the downloaded ROM file.
- Once located, select it and the ROM starts to install on your device and once the installation process is done repeat the above step alone in similar manner in order to install the Gapps package.
- Go Back –> Reboot System Now. And once it reboots your device is ready with the new ROM.
Download ParanoidAndroid ROM for HTC Desire Z – http://d-h.st/ufK
Download GApps Package – http://d-h.st/wCo