I still remember when I bought my first ever Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100. It was with Android 2.3 Gingerbread and later I was able to upgrade it to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It’s almost been 9 months since then. Well, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is the latest OS that everyone is talking about and why shouldn’t I get my hands on it? But there is no official update for it. So what? it is all possible through custom ROM for the Galaxy S II which is ReVolt JB ROM developed by XDA developers member johnhany97.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100 with root access and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations. Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash ReVolt Jelly Bean ROM for Samsung Galaxy S II I9100
- Download the file from the link which is given at the end of the post and transfer it to your Smartphone’s internal SD card.
- Now, switch off your Samsung Galaxy S II.
- Next, you need to boot your Smartphone to ClockworkMod Recovery and that is possible by pressing and holding Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
- You can always be on safer side by creating a NANDroid backup of your current ROM just in case if you end up blank.
- You can do that by going to Backup and Restore –>Backup.
- Next, you need to perform a full wipe by going to main menu.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset.
- Select Wipe cache partition.
- Next, Go to Main Menu –>Advanced –>Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action required.
- All you got to do is now return to the Main Menu –> Install ZIP from SD card –> Choose ZIP from SD card –> Browse for the required ROM file.
- When located select it and install it. And once the installation is done you need to confirm it.
- Finally go to Main Menu –>Reboot system now.
Download ReVolt Jelly Bean 2.6 ROM – http://goo.im/devs/ReVolt/ReVolt_JB_I9100/ReVolt_JB_2.6_I9100.zip