You must be having weared thoughts on your mind that how is it possible to flash the Verizon Galaxy S3′s while having a locked bootloader. But somehow Android developers found a way. So folks if you are looking to enjoy the benefits of stock, pre-rooted, and debloated Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich, then you must follow the Android Tutorial given below.
Requirements Before You Root
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 50% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash Rooted Android 4.0.4 I535VRALF2 on Verizon Galaxy S3 I535
- Download all the required files from the links given at the end of this post.
- Now, extract the Odin file to on your PC.
- Next you need to extract stripped.rooted.system.img.tar.md5.zip file on your PC to get a stripped.rooted.system.img.tar.md5 file.
- Now, Turn off your device and restart into download mode.
- In order to start your device into download mode you need to press and hold Volume Down +Home+ Power buttons. Once warning msg appeared then press the Volume Up key to continue into Download Mode.
- Next, extract the Odin file and open the folder and click exe file.
- Using a USB cable connect your device to the PC.
- In Odin, click on the PDA button and select the stripped.rooted.system.img.tar.md5file.
- For double check of this process you need to keep track that Re-partition is not checked under Options.
- Next you need to click on the Start button in Odin to flash the ROM and once the flashing is done, your device will automatically reboot and after that disconnect the USB cable from the PC.
- Once the above process is done you get the PASS message on Odin.
- That’s all folks the operation is successful.
Download Pre-rooted I535VRALF2 ROM – http://goo.im/devs/invisiblek/i535/stripped.rooted.system.img.tar.md5.zip
Download Odin 3 – http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1148059&d=1340384913