You may be thinking I bought my Nexus S GT-I9020 before a couple of years ago and how there could possibly be a latest update you can do it which is released last month. Yes, Jelly Bean is the platform which I am talking here. And it is possible for you to manually flash your device on both older and newer Android devices. Just follow this Android Tutorial given below and have fun with all the smooth running features.
Requirements Before You Flash
- Your Samsung Nexus S GT-I9020 must be with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 50% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash SDK-based Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM on the Nexus S GT-I9020
- Download all the files from the download link given at the end of this post to your PC.
- Next you need to transfer the Jelly Bean 4.1 SDK Port ROM and the ROM Service Pack 4 to your device’s SD card and make sure you do not extract them.
- Now you need to turn off your device and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- You can do this by long pressing and holding the Volume Down+Power buttons to boot into Fastboot Mode. And once you get in to Fastboot Mode, select Recovery through Volume keys and then tap Power button, this will take your device into Recovery Mode.
- Next, you need to go to Wipe Data –> Factory Reset –> Wipe Cache Partition.
- Now go back to the main menu and select Advance –>Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- After data wipe is performed, choose Install ZIP from SD Card.
- Next, choose ZIP from SD Card and find update-crespo-JRN83C-preview-2012063001.zip file. And ROM will start to install on your device.
- After installation process is completed, go back to the main menu and install the update-crespo-JRN83C-preview-2012063001-SP4.zip file in the similar manner to which we installed the first file from step 5.
- Finally Go Back –>Reboot System Now.
Download Jelly Bean 4.1 SDK Port ROM package – http://goo.gl/40Cxf
Download ROM Service Pack 4 package – http://goo.gl/ZVlQS