Galaxy Nexus is getting older after the newest Gadgets being released into the market on monthly basis. So if you own a Galaxy Nexus and want to have all the latest capabilities that other devices has then you can go for a custom kernel which combines all the best qualities of other such kernels. It’s made possible thanks to the XDA Developers member twistedumbrella. So are you ready for this JB compatible StarKissed Kangerade kernel for your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250?
This custom kernel is based on Linux version 3.0.54. It also comes with 10 authorities such as: HotplugX, InteractiveX, OndemandX, Sakuractive, PegasusQ, Adaptive, Abyssplug, Savagedzen, Lulzactive(q), and Fantasy. Read on this Android Tutorial on How To Flash StarKissed Kangerade Kernel for Galaxy Nexus I9250 to know more.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will require a Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Now you need to backup all your device data.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off security systems on your device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Download and install drivers for your device on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash StarKissed Kangerade Kernel for Galaxy Nexus I9250
- Download the required package files from the links given at the end of this post and transfer the files to your Smartphone’s SD card.
- Next switch off your Smartphone.
- Now you need to boot into Fastboot Mode and that can be done by pressing and holding down the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- You can make a NANDroid Backup of your current ROM just in case if you lose your data in this process.
- You can make back up by selecting Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- Its time to flash your ROM file and for that select Install ZIP from SD Card –> Choose ZIP from SD Card –> Browse for the StarKissed Kangerade ZIP file –> Confirm action.
- Once the installation is done you need to go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download StarKissed Kangerade 4.1 – http://goo.im/devs/playground/starkissed/StarKissed-JB401_01-17-2013_05.25.zip
Download StarKissed Kangerade 4.2 – http://goo.im/devs/playground/starkissed/StarKissed-JB42X_01-14-2013_15.26.zip