In this fast moving world almost every other day various Smartphones are released. But Samsung Galaxy Nexus is still holding its roots in the market as to be one of the most popular devices. And due to which there is a huge developer support in terms of developing ROMs for it. The recent new custom ROM for this device is the XenonHD ROM by Team Horizon.
XenonHD ROM is based on the Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean AOSP base from source which offers better stability and smoother performance. And the good news is that there are no big bugs in the ROM.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need a Samsung Galaxy Nexus model number GT-I9250 with an unlocked bootloader, with root access, and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash XenonHD ROM for Galaxy Nexus
- Download both the required package files on your PC and then copy them to your Galaxy Nexus’ internal SD card.
- Switch off your Smartphone and now you need to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery mode.
- And this is possible by pressing and holding down the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- To make sure your current ROM is safe, you can make a NANDroid Backup. And this can be done by going to Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- Follow these 3 steps to perform a full wipe:
- Step One, Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset –> Confirm action.
- Step two, Select Wipe Cache Partition –> Confirm action.
- Step three, Select Advanced –> Wipe Dalvik Cache –> Confirm action.
- And now comes the installation step, Select Install ZIP from SD card then Choose ZIP from SD card –> Browse for the XenonHD ROM file and after that confirm the action.
- Once installed you have to repeat the above step alone in similar manner to install Google Apps package.
- Finally return back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download Xenon HD ROM – http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390233485161005513
Download Google Apps package – http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip