Android devices are flowing in the market like anything and to support this flow various custom ROMs have been developed at the regular intervals by various developers. The good news for Nexus 4 users is that now they have the option to root and install custom ROMs. To fulfill this, DaXmax an XDA Developer have got plenty of ROMs for all the users.
By this custom ROM you get features like T9 dialer, theme chooser, gesture keyboard, and many more to look out for. Read on this Android Tutorial to know more.
Requirements Before You Flash
- You will need a LG Nexus 4 with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Flash Xylon ROM for Nexus 4 E960
- From the link given at the end, download the necessary files and transfer them onto your device’s internal SD card.
- Its time to turn off your Nexus 4.
- After the above step you need to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery and that can be done by pressing and holding down the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- You can create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM by going to Backup and Restore –> Backup.
- Now, you need to do a full wipe from the following 3 steps:
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset –> Confirm action.
- Choose Wipe Cache Partition –> Confirm action.
- Choose Advanced –>Wipe Dalvik Cache –> Confirm action.
- And you are almost through to the installation, just choose Install ZIP from SD Card –> Choose ZIP form SD Card –> Browse the ROM file and select it to install it.
- Once the installation is done, from the above step alone in the similar manner flash gapps and Photosphere Gestures packages.
- Finally go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Download Xylon ROM – http://loota.org/~daxxmax/fnvaosp/mako/xylon_mako_010_12-03-2012.zip
Download GApps Package – http://developer.clockworkmod.com/downloads/6381/4235/gapps-4.2-JOP40C-121116.zip
Download Photosphere and Gesture in Keyboard – http://loota.org/~daxxmax/fnvaosp/PhotosphereGestures.zip