Samsung Galaxy S II is one heck of a Smartphone demon. It has almost everything that a user looks for. Now if you have any thoughts of installing a new ROM for your Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777 (AT & T) then you better follow the guide given below. F1 GalaxyNexus Custom ROM is an AOSP ROM based on the Galaxy Nexus Android 4.0.4 OS.
The amazing features you will get in this is that it includes 180 degree rotation, scrolling cache, S II settings in the launcher, MP4 high quality video recording and much more that you couldn’t even dream of.
Requirements Before You Install
- You must have ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777 (AT & T).
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least half the charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Download F1 GalaxyNexus ROM and Google Apps Package from the download link given at the end of the post.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing your operations. Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Install Android 4.0.4 ICS F1 GalaxyNexus Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777 (AT & T)
- Create a new folder on your SD card’s root folder onto your phone and copy F1 GalaxyNexus-ATTGalaxyS22-20120605.zip and gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
- Next you have to switch off your phone.
- Now you have to boot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery by holding down the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power keys.
- Make sure you let go these keys only when you see the Samsung logo appearing twice on the screen.
- If you have any second thoughts on backing up your current ROM then create a NANdroid backup so that you can restore it back when you wish to.
- Next step is to wipe your entire data on your phone; all you need to do is to select Wipe Data –> Factory Reset.
- Now go back to the root or main menu and Select Choose ZIP from SD Card->F1-GalaxyNexus-ATTGalaxyS2-20120605.zip
- Now the installation is complete and now you have to flash gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip in same way as in previous step. Once you have flashed both the files restart your phone by going back and selecting Reboot System Now.
Download F1 GalaxyNexus ROM – http://www.mediafire.com/?dq8hz7dmx3voctf
Google Apps Package – http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip