If you own a HTC Desire S then Android 4.0.4 custom ICS ROM is now available for it. I can probably say that it is the newest ICS Firmware for HTC Desire S and has got loads of Features to offer for. Exciting isn’t it? And if you are looking forward to install it on your very own Desire S then all you got to do is just follow the installation steps given below:
Requirements Before You Install
- You need to Root and Install ClockworkMod recovery on your Desire S.
- Turn off all the security systems such as any installed Anti Virus.
- At least half the charge of the battery is required before you go for installation else installation may fail if no battery power backup.
- And finally you need to turn USB Debugging on from your device. Just go to Settings->Applications->USB Debugging.
Steps To Install Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware On HTC Desire S
- The very first thing you will need is to download the Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware for your HTC Desire S from the download link given at the end of the post.
- Next, you have to connect your Smartphone to your PC using a USB data cable and transfer the .ZIP file on to your phone’s SD card (external memory card).
- Once the Firmware is transferred then you have to disconnect your phone from the PC and turn off your phone.
- Now you have to enter into recovery mode of the phone by pressing these buttons- Volume UP Button+Home Button+Power Button.
- Next comes the backup, you need to create a backup of your currently installed Firmware by-Backup and Restore –>Backup.
- Backup is created so that if you face any problem you can revert back to the previously installed Firmware.
- Wipe cache partition. Go to Wipe Data/Factory Reset –>Wipe Cache Partition.
- Once the above step is performed next you have to select Install ZIP from SD Card –>Choose ZIP From SD Card in recovery mode.
- Now select .ZIP file of the specified Firmware from the destinated SD card.
- It will prompt a dialog box stating whether to install or not. Select Yes-Install your ZIP File.
- If all the above steps are followed correctly in the specified manner then your new Firmware will be installed within a time span of 5 minutes.
- Select +++Go Back+++ button and hit Reboot System Now.
download the Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware http://d-h.st/fIy