Now, after the announcement of Android 4.1 at the Google Developers conference, it is possible for HTC One X users to update their devices to the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware. Let me clear you this is not an official update that has been pushed by HTC, and is extracted from the Android SDK. And also remember that it is a beta port so all the Features of Android 4.1 will not work but still you can enjoy few of them.
Requirements Before You Install
- You need to perform backup for all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least half the charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing operations by you. Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
- Make a backup of your ROM with NANdroid Backup and Restore App.
- Enable USB Debugging, Go to Settings –> Applications –> Development and check USB Debugging.
- And make sure device drivers are installed on your computer.
Steps To Install Android 4.1 Jellybean on HTC One X
- Now Download Jelly Bean Firmware and Flash Boot from the download link given at the end of this post.
- The next step is to install HTC Sync on your PC.
- After downloading extract the flash boot zip file.
- Go to the downloaded folder and open “jellybean_endeavoru_tgascoigne.zip” on your PC and extract the file “boot.img”. Now copy boot.img file to the location where you extracted the flash_boot.img
- Switch off your Smartphone and boot into bootloader mode by long holding and pressing the Volume Down+Power button.
- Now connect your device to your PC using a USB data cable and go to the folder where the fastboot files were extracted and double-click “flash-boot-windows.bat” file.
- Now the kernel will be flashed completely so wait for this process to be completed.
- Next, press power button and select “Bootloader” then move to recovery options.
- Now total swipe is needed so select wipe data –> factory reset.
- Now you have to select mounts and storage –> format system.
- Then select Install zip from SD card –> Select zip from SD card and then select the zip file that you had moved earlier.
- Once installation is completed, go back and select “reboot system now”.
Download Jelly Bean Firmware – http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1737736
Download Flash Boot – http://www.mediafire.com/?3vf3r85b7dgj16x