The Google Nexus 7 Tablet is one dream device for many users and if you own this device and want to have some fun in installing custom modifications, then follow this Android Tutorial all the way. Installing custom ROM or modifying the tablet to enhance its capabilities, you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
Requirements Before You Install
- At least half the charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Device’s USB drivers installed on the PC.
- Samsung Kies must be installed.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Install ClockworkMod Recovery 18.104.22.168 on Google Nexus 7
- Download and extract the files from the links given at the end of this post.
- Next, extract the Fastboot.zip file onto your PC, you will extract four files.
- Now, rename the downloaded ClockworkMod Recovery image to recovery.img.
- Copy recovery.img file onto the Fastboot folder which you just extracted and making it total of five files in that folder.
- Now, Open ES File Explorer File Manager on your device.
- Select Menu –> Settings –> Check the Up to Root option –> Check the Root Explorer option.
- Now click Allow/Grant button when prompted –> Check the Mount File System option. And Go back to the App’s home screen.
- Next, go to the root directory that says / at the top. Go to the system folder and delete recovery-from-boot.p file.
- Start a command prompt (cmd) on your PC and locate the Fastboot directory.
- Using a USB data cable connect your device to PC.
- Type the following command to check if your tablet has connected to the PC.
- Type the following commands to flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
-adb reboot bootloader
-fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- ClockworkMod Recovery should be installed by now.
- Turn off your device and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- That’s all folks the operation of installing ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124 on Google Nexus 7 is over.
Download ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 126.96.36.199 image – http://download2.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-188.8.131.52-grouper.img
Download ClockworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206 image – http://download2.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-220.127.116.11-grouper.img
Download fastboot package – http://www.mediafire.com/?709z6ajsrx459ew
Download and install on your Smartphone – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop