We just got news that one of the members of XDA Developers forum has released an unofficial version of the CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM for HTC One X. As it’s a preview version of the CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean, some critical issues are there and which are not working in this preview build like Wi-Fi tethering problem, No FM radio application in the ROM and other few such issues. But to enjoy the other fine working features you can install this latest release.
Requirements Before You Install
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps to Install CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1.1 Jell Bean ROM on HTC One X
- First you have to turn on USB debugging by going onto Settings -> Applications –> Development- -> USB Debugging.
- Next, download all the files from the links given at the end of this post and transfer it to your device by connecting to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Extract the Fastboot.zip file in C:\.
- Transfer the downloaded boot.img file into C:\Fastboot\.
- Now, turn off your phone and enter into bootloader mode by holding and pressing Volume Down+Power button –> select Fastboot Mode.
- Go to Command Prompt on your PC.
- Type the following command in that Command Prompt window – cd c:\fastboot\.
- Type the following command in command prompt – fastboot flash boot boot.img. By this command boot.img file will be flashed on your phone.
- Once the boot.img file is installed, disconnect your device from PC.
- Next, press Power button and select – HBOOT –>Recovery so as to boot into recovery mode.
- Go to Wipe Data –> Factory Reset in recovery mode.
- Now you have to select Install Zip from SD Card –> Choose ZIP from SD Card.
- Select .zip file of the CyanogenMod 10 from your SD card and confirm installation by pressing – Yes, Install file.
- Once again select Install Zip from SD Card –> Choose ZIP from SD Card and flash the .zip file of the Google Apps Package.
- Finally, select ++++ Go Back ++++ ->Reboot System Now.
Download CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean ROM – http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1786696
Download Preview version 4.0 of this CM10 ROM – http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/97256398/file.html
Download the Google Apps Package – http://d-h.st/X6a
Download Boot Image – http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/78224745/file.html
Download Fastboot – http://www.mediafire.com/?709z6ajsrx459ew