Technology is developing like anything especially when it comes to Android Smartphones. Recently Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 has received an official version of the initial build of CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM. You can enjoy all the awesome features of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS which includes better UI, improved voice recognition & search etc. and much more.
Requirements Before You Install
- It is just an Alpha build of the official CM9 Jelly Bean ROM, and have some issues like FM Radio not working, Camera unstable, Wi-Fi tethering etc. so install at your own risk even if you want to enjoy the new features.
- You must have Rooted and ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your Samsung Galaxy S III.
- At least half the charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Confirm that your device is running on an official CyanogenMod 9 firmware or an AOSP based ROM.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps to install CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- Download CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1.1 ROM from the link given at the end of this post.
- Download the Google Apps Package from the link given at the end of this post.
- Turn on USB debugging by going onto Settings –> Applications –> Development.
- Connect your phone to your PC using a USB data cable.
- After downloading Google Apps Package and the ROM (.zip), transfer it onto your device SD card.
- Disconnect your phone from the PC and then switch it off.
- Now you have to enter into recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Up + Home.
- Once entered into recovery mode, go to Wipe Data –>Factory Reset.
- Next, select – Install Zip from SD Card –> Choose ZIP from SD Card.
- Now choose the .zip file of the CyanogenMod 10 ROM and then confirm the installation of the firmware by selecting – Yes, Install .zip.
- Once this is installed now you have to install the Google Apps Package.
- Finally select ++++ Go Back ++++ ->Reboot System Now.
Download CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1.1 ROM – http://dl-bacon.bbqdroid.org/dinner/cm-10-XPLODWILD-PREVIEW-2-i9300.zip
Download the Google Apps Package – http://d-h.st/fMY