A developer namely DerTeufel1980 just compiled up a Jelly Bean ROM with the CM10 kernel, and it is available for the Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000. As it is just a developer’s build, you may face some issues you like Google Play Store app not working, unable to mount SD card on the PC using USB mode. But there is a fine relief for you as all the essential features are well working with this firmware like Calls, Wi-Fi, Camera, Bluetooth, GPS etc. and many other new features.
Requirements Before You Install
- You must have Rooted and ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your Samsung Galaxy S III.
- At least half the charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Confirm that your device is running on an official CyanogenMod 9 firmware or an AOSP based ROM.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps to Install CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000
- Download CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM from the download link given at the end of this post.
- Download the Google Apps Package from the download link given at the end of this post.
- There is a file which will fix almost all the issues with this ROM so download CM10 Fixes from the link at the end of this post.
- First thing you have to do is just turn on USB debugging by going onto Settings –> Applications –> Development.
- Using USB data cable connect your device to PC.
- Once connected you have to move the downloaded .zip files onto your device’s SD memory card.
- Switch off your phone and disconnect from the PC.
- Next, enter into recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Up + Home buttons.
- In recovery mode, now select – Wipe Data –>Factory Reset.
- Select -Install Zip from SD Card –> Choose ZIP from SD Card.
- Now choose .zip file of CyanogenMod 10 ROM and then confirm the installation by selecting Yes, Install .zip file.
- Similarly flash up the Google Apps and CM10 Fixes Package using ClockworkMod recovery.
- After installing all the downloaded files, now select Advance –> Fix Permissions.
- Finally choose ++++ Go Back ++++ and –> Reboot System Now.
Download CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM – http://devil.haxer.org/jellybean/
Download Google Apps Package – http://devil.haxer.org/jellybean/gapps-jb-20120715.zip
Download CM10 Fixes.zip – http://mnmcodeworks.googlecode.com/files/CM10%20Fixes.zip