You may be wondering what is AOKP? Well it stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is used for packing a pure ICS interface with an only fewer customizations required. This guide is based on how to install a newer OS on your Android device and how to flash Galaxian Soup ICS custom ROM.
Requirements Before You Install
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least half the charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing operations by you.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Install Galaxian-Soup ICS custom ROM based on AOKP Build 35 on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110/GT-P3113
- Download AOKP b35 Galaxian-soup ICS ROM from the download link given at the end of the post.
- Download GApps package from the download link given at the end of the post.
- Now once the files downloaded the very next step is to copy aokp-gt313-b35-gs.zip and gs-gapps-v3.zip to the root folder of your Android device’s SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
- Now all you got to do is reboot and you can do by pressing and holding the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power keys.
- If you have any second thoughts on backing up your current ROM then create a NANdroid backup so that you can restore it back when you wish to.
- Now full wipe is performed by following the steps as:
- Main menu –> Wipe Data/Factory Reset –> Wipe Cache Partition.
- Now go back to the root or main menu and Select Install ZIP from SD Card –> aokp-gt3113-b35-gs.zip
- Now the installation is complete and now you have to flash gs-gapps-v3.zip in same way as in previous step. Once you have flashed both the files restart your phone by going back and selecting Reboot System Now.
Download AOKP b35 Galaxian – soup ICS ROM – http://www.mediafire.com/?eo6wna88pawrztq
Download GApps package – http://www.mediafire.com/?lh7um1x19i8cbl7