If you own a Samsung Galaxy S then there is good news because it has finally received an Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware. And if you are looking to have some fun with all the new features of this Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy S then you must follow this Android Tutorial on How To Install Official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware for Galaxy S.
Requirements Before You Install
- You must have Rooted and ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your Samsung Galaxy S.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least half the charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- You need to have an official Android 4.0 ICS firmware on your device before going for this update.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To How To Install Official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware for Galaxy S
Download official JRO03C Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM from the link given at the end of this post.
- Download Fixes SP2 DPI 240 from the link given at the end of this post.
- Turn on USB debugging by going to Settings –> Applications –> Development.
- Using USB data cable connect your device to PC.
- Now copy .zip files of the ROM and the Fixes SP2 DPI 240 onto your phone’s SD card.
- After transferring files on to your device’s SD card disconnect the phone from USB port.
- Switch off your device and enter in recovery mode by long pressing and holding Power + Volume Up + Home buttons.
- Now go to Wipe Data –> Factory Reset in recovery mode.
- Once the above process done now select Install Zip from SDCard > Choose ZIP from SDCard. You can choose this from the main menu of ClockworkMod recovery.
- Select the .zip file of official Jelly Bean ROM and then confirm your installation by selecting Yes, Install .zip.
- Now you have to flash the .zip file of the Fixes SP DPI 240 package and you can do that by choosing –> Install Zip from SDCard –> Choose ZIP from SDCard –> .zip file.
- Finally select ++++ Go Back ++++ and then Reboot System in recovery mode.
Download official JRO03C Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM – http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/71034117/file.html
Download Fixes SP2 DPI 240 – https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0kZfyyJOJLHOVlpVmdhd1U2RkE/edit