If you bought a Smartphone before a year or so then I am damn sure you must be crazy to get the newest update for it after you see that there are no more official updates for your old fashioned phones. Well, not any more because the Custom recoveries help us to flash our old ROM and get the latest and the new featured ROMs.
Two of the most popular custom recoveries available currently are the ClockworkMod and TWRP Recovery. If you are thinking what if your phone has a locked bootloader, well then you must go for Safestrap Recovery. Read on this post to know more about it.
Requirements Before You Install
- You will need an Atrix HD MB886.
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Install Safestrap Recovery for the Atrix HD MB886
- Download the necessary files from the links and run the Safestrap Application on your Smartphone.
- Next you need to select the Remove Recovery option so that you can remove the recovery files from the /system. directory.
- After the above step is done then Uninstall Safestrap from your Smartphone.
- Now its time to transfer Safestrap Recovery APK file to your device’s internal SD card.
- After that go to Settings –> Security –> Enable Installation from unknown sources option.
- Next, all you have to do is to launch ES File Explorer –> BSafestrap Recovery APK file. And select Install.
- You may get few prompt msg so allow them to do any changes and after that you will get a SuperSU prompt message –> Allow to grant root access to the app.
- Next, Safestrap will now launch –> Select Install Recovery.
- Finally the step to boot into Safestrap Recovery, you need to reboot your device and select Safestrap Recovery mode.
Download ES File Explorer File Manager – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop
Download Safestrap Recovery APK (file name is Razr HD, but it also works for Atrix HD) – http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/vanquish/RAZR-HD-Safestrap-3.12.apk