Amazon Kindle Fire is one of the popular Tablet Computer that is used widely by many users. It has got loads of Features to offer for various users. As we all know it runs on Google’s Android OS platform. This device access Amazon Appstore thereby providing music, movies, apps and much more that you could possibly think of. Team Win Recovery Project 2.0 or better known as TWRP is very famous recovery Tools for this device. Using this Tool you can install any firmware and do much more. In order to install TWRP 2.0 on Amazon Kindle Fire just follow the steps given below.
Requirements Before You Root
- Your Amazon Kindle Fire device must be rooted.
- Install ADB Drivers on your PC.
Steps to Install TWRP 2.0 on Amazon Kindle Fire
- In order to install you need to download FireFireFire Bootloader for your Amazon Kindle Fire from the download link given at the end of the post.
- After downloading create a separate directory and extract the files on to your PC.
- Open this directory and copy the following file-“u-boot.bin” to the folder where you have ADB drivers already installed.
- If you don’t know exactly where the ADB drivers are installed then the default path of the directory is C:\AndroidSDK.
- Download TWRP from the download link given at the end of the post.
- And copy the downloaded files to the same folder where your ADB drivers are already installed.
- Now make a connection of your PC and the Kindle Fire device using USB data cable.
- Now go to the AndroidSDK folder and press “Shift+Right Click”, and select open command window here.
- Once the command prompt window has opened you need to type the following command on that window and press enter.
- The command goes as follows:
- Adb push u-boot.bin/sdcard/
adb push twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img/sdcard
- Hit enter and type one more command as follows:
- Adb shell
dd if=/sdcard/u-boot.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2
- The functions of these commands are that they will install both the FireFireFire bootloader and TWRP 2.0.
- Once installation is complete just reboot your Kindle Fire by the following commands in the command prompt-
- exit adb reboot
- This is it, now you have installed TWRP 2.0 on your very own Amazon Kindle Fire.
Download FireFireFire Bootloader – http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=850008&d=1326179460
Download TRWP 2.0 – http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img