There was a news in past few weeks that the system vulnerability which affected certain Exynos devices. And it could make it easy for Apps without your permission to gain root access. But solution is there for this mess and it is all possible because of XDA Developers member Chainfire.
In this method instead of flashing and doing other stuffs with Odin, you use only APK. An App so called ExynosAbuse, developed by Chainfire and based off the exploit that XDA Developers member alephzain found. The main thing is that it provides a workaround for this very hazardous vulnerability.
Requirements Before You Root And Unroot
- You will require a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100.
- Now you need to backup all your device data.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off security systems on your device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Download and install drivers for your device on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Root And Unroot The Galaxy Note II N7100 using ExynosAbuse
- The very first thing you need to do is to download the needed files from the links given at the end of this post.
- Once downloaded move them to your device’s internal SD card.
Rooting using ExynosAbuse
- Now begin ES File Manager and look for the ExynosAbuse APK in your device.
- Once located then install this App.
- Next you need to launch this App on your device.
- For that you need to select Root Device to install SuperSU.
- If it prompts you to SuperSU permission, select Grant.
- At this time your Note II should now be rooted.
- After that just open SuperSU and update your binary.
Unrooting using ExynosAbuse
- Once rooted and if you want to unroot then follow the steps as :
- First you need to launch the ExynosAbuse app.
- After that Uncheck Disable Exploit, Disable Exploit on Boot, and Unroot Device.
- And finally restart your device and wait for few minutes.
Download ES File Explorer File Manager - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop
Download ExynosAbuse APK – http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1576221&d=1355926774