In this fast developing Technology world Android is developing like anything. Recently a XDA Developers member Chainfire has developed a kernel for XXLQ5 which can be easily flashed via Odin. So if you are looking to root your Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100 then you can follow this Android Tutorial on How To Root The Galaxy S II GT-I9100 on Android 4.0.4 Build XXLQ5.
Requirements Before You Root
- Backup all your personal data else you may loose if any mistakes done by you in the installing process.
- At least half the charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Root Galaxy S II GT-I9100 on Android 4.0.4 Build XXLQ5
- Download all the files from the links given at the end of this post and extract them onto a separate folder on your PC.
- Now you need to switch off your device and start it in Download Mode. And you can very well do this by pressing and holding Volume Down +Home +Power buttons.
- Now you must have extracted the Odin file, you need to launch it by double clicking it.
- So in Odin, all you need to do is click on the PDA button. Search for the CF-Root-SGS II _XX_OXA_LQ5-v5.5-CWM5.tar file and select it.
- And be sure you that Re-partition is NOT checked on the Odin.
- Now using USB data cable all you need to do is just connect your phone to your PC. Added message will appear in Odin’s message box.
- Next, choose Start in Odin to initiate the flashing of CF-Root Kernel.
- And once flashing is done, your device will automatically restart. And after restart you can see the Samsung logo appearing on your screen and that is it folks you are done with the rooting operation.
Download CF-Root Kernel – http://download.chainfire.eu/202/CF-Root/SGS II /CF-Root-SGS II _XX_OXA_LQ5-v5.6-CWM5.zip
Download Odin3 v1.85 – http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=611625&d=1306787405