If you own a Nexus 4 then it’s good news for you because you get the independence to install custom ROMs like AOKP, XYLON, Slim Bean, JellyTime, and CyanogenMod 10. But in order to enjoy all such custom ROMs you have to root your device. If you are beginner in this process then it’s made easy by XDA Developers member and root specialist Chainfire.
You will not need any of those big commands and scripts to do this process. CF-Auto-Root is a rooting tool for beginners that install the SuperSU binary and APK to the device in a very easy manner. This process is easier and safer when compared to other rooting procedures. Follow this Android Tutorial on How To Root Nexus 4 E960 Using CF-Auto-Root to learn more.
Requirements Before You Root
- You will require a LG Nexus 4 E960.
- Now you need to backup all your device data.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off security systems on your device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Download and install drivers for your device on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Root Nexus 4 E960 Using CF-Auto-Root
- After downloading the file you have to extract the CF Auto Root ZIP package on your PC.
- Next, switch off your LG Nexus 4 Smartphone.
- Its time to boot to Fastboot Mode and that can be done by pressing and holding down the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons.
- Using a USB data cable connect your LG Nexus 4 to your PC.
- Now you have to look for the folder where you extracted the CF-Auto-Root files on your PC and initiate the root-windows.bat file by double-clicking on it.
- You can initiate the rooting process by pressing any of the key on your keyboard. By this your device will reboot.
- After the procedure is done, your Smartphone will boot into Normal Mode.
Download CF-Auto-Root for the Nexus 4 – http://download.chainfire.eu/297/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-mako-occam-nexus4.zip