Most of the Galaxy Note users sigh that they do not have root access for their device but not anymore. Well, a XDA Developers member Chainfire got a solution for your device so called CF-Auto-Root. You will be able to retain the good old stock feel on your device once you have flashed CF-Auto-Root, with the added SuperSU app.
By this way you will lose your device’s warranty by rooting it so it is your decision so think before you do. Read on this Android Tutorial to know more on How To Root The Galaxy Note 10.1
Requirements Before You Root
- You will require a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, model numbers GT-N8000, GT-N8010, GT-N8013 and GT-N8020.
- Now you need to backup all your device data.
- At least 70% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off security systems on your device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Download and install drivers for your device on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified in the title, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations.
- Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Root The Galaxy Note 10.1
- Download the necessary files from the end of this post and save it on your PC.
- Now extract the downloaded files and launch Odin on your PC.
- Its time to switch off your Tablet.
- The next step is to boot your Tablet into Download Mode and this can be done by pressing and holding down the Volume Down+Power buttons.
- And once you see the warning screen, press the Volume Up key.
- Using a USB data cable connect your Tablet to your PC. And after it is connected it will show the message “Connected”.
- Now click on PDA and select the .tar.md5 file which you already extracted earlier.
- Now start flashing your device by clicking Start button in Odin.
- Once installed you will get a “Pass” message at the top-left part of the Odin window and after that your Tablet automatically reboots.
- Remove the USB cable once you see the Samsung logo on your tablet’s screen. And it will reboot automatically after that.
Download Odin – http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1432499&d=1351260452
Appropriate rooting file for your tablet’s model:
GT-N8000 – http://download.chainfire.eu/236/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-p4noterf-p4noterfxx-gtn8000.zip
GT-N8010 – http://download.chainfire.eu/247/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-p4notewifiww-p4notewifixx-gtn8010.zip
GT-N8013 – http://download.chainfire.eu/265/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-p4notewifi-p4notewifiue-gtn8013.zip
GT-N8020 – http://download.chainfire.eu/265/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-p4notewifi-p4notewifiue-gtn8013.zip