If you own a Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 or GT-N7105 then you have a surprise waiting just for you and this is made possible by a XDA Developers member Chainfire. Guess what it is now possible to root your Galaxy Note II via Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root package. Using this package you will only be able to root the phablet, and thus not tampering its recovery. One more thing that you will be getting SuperSU with retain stock recovery on your phablet.
Requirements Before You Root
- You will need Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 or GT-N7105
- Backup all your personal data.
- At least 75% charge of the battery is needed to carry out the task.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Drivers for your Device must be installed on your PC.
- Read the guide fully and then perform the operation on the model specified, we are not responsible for any erroneous outcomes after performing the operations. Carry out at your own risk because the guide is provided for educational purposes.
Steps To Root Samsung Galaxy Note II
- The very first step you need to perform in order to root Samsung Galaxy Note II is to download the package files given in the links at the end of this post.
- Once downloading these packages on your PC, you need to unzip and extract the files stored in them.
- As extracting these files now will help in the rooting process later in the Odin.
- Now, switch off your Android device and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons.
- Now you need to start Odin on your computer.
- Using a USB data cable connect your device to your PC. Once added you will be able to see the Added msg in the Odin window screen.
- Next, click on PDA and you need to choose the *.tar.md5 file which you already unzipped and extracted from the package folder.
- You have to initiate the Odin by clicking the Start button in Odin. Once initiated, a msg stating “Pass” will appear in the window when you have successfully installed CF-Auto-Root.
- And after the above step your device will automatically reboot.
- This is it folks, finally disconnect your device from your PC once you have seen the “Pass” msg in Odin.
Download Odin3- http://www.mediafire.com/?189h7dqldccnrq8
CF-Auto-Root for GT-N7100 – http://download.chainfire.eu/264/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-t03g-gtn7100.zip
CF-Auto-Root for GT-N7105 – http://download.chainfire.eu/255/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-t0lte-gtn7105.zip