Sony Xperia S is an awesome Android enabled Smartphone by the Japanese giant. It has all the latest Features such as High resolution video quality, amazing camera to take crisp and clear pics and millions of Android Apps to support for. I can say it is one of the best Smartphone developed by Sony. The good news for all the users is that it can be rooted. Rooting is done in order to customize and improve the performance of the Smartphone. Let us see the steps that are necessary to root your Sony Xperia S
Requirements Before You Root
- At least half the charge of the battery is required to carry out the task so make sure your battery is backed up with charge else installation may fail.
- You need to perform a backup operation to protect your important data and files so that you don’t loose if any error occurs.
- Turn off all the security systems on the device such as Firewall and any installed Anti Virus.
- Install ADB Drivers on your PC.
Steps To Root Sony Xperia S
- First of all you need to download 63 Rooting Firmware and Download 67 Rooting Firmware from the Download links given at the end of the post.
- After downloading move these files into a new folder onto your PC.
- Next, you need to switch off your Sony Xperia S.
- Now with the help of a USB data cable make a connection to your PC and to your Smartphone.
- Now its time to boot your device in the recovery mode by holding the Volume Up key.
- Now switch over to your PC and run command prompt.
- Specify the location to the folder where you had downloaded the files.
- If the location of the 63 Firmware package is in command prompt then issue the following command-
Fastboot flash system
- If the location of the 67 Firmware package is in command prompt then issue the following command-
Fastboot flash system
- This is it folks, you have successfully rooted your Sony Xperia S. you will be able to succeed in the process if you follow the above steps in orderly manner. If any problem occurs you can always comment in the comment section to get the best solutions.
Download 63 Rooting Firmware – http://eddy.uni-duisburg.de/bin4ry/system_xps_prerooted_63fw.img
Download 67 Rooting Firmware – http://eddy.uni-duisburg.de/bin4ry/system_xps_prerooted_67fw.img